Please refer to my old blog post for the details on the modifications. This is just an update from the earlier patches, and some of the content in earlier blog apply here as well.
Below are the exact steps to produce a trx file, which can be flashed via CFE.
1. Checkout openwrt (a specific version)
svn checkout --revision=33760 svn://svn.openwrt.org/openwrt/trunk
Other versions may work, but I have not tested any other version for these patches.
2. Apply My custom patches and George's patches
Download from here:
patch -p1 < 000-openwrt4716-TARGET_brcm4716-clone-brcm47xx.patch
patch -p1 < 001-openwrt4716-TARGET_brcm4716.patch
patch -p1 < 002-openwrt4716-TARGET_brcm4716-deps.patch
patch -p1 < 004-f7d7301.r33760.patch
3. make menuconfig select Target System -> Broadcom BCM94716
select Target Profile -> Belkin PlayMax F7D4301
You will have the trx in the usual place after a successful compile.
Look for the file: bin/brcm4716/openwrt-brcm4716-f7d3301-squashfs.trx
For reference one trx I compiled is here : openwrt-brcm4716-f7d7301-squashfs-r33760.trx
Please note the below points if you flash the above trx.
1. default IP address at LAN side is 192.168.2.1
2. telnet can be accessed at default IP,
3. I have added a custom pre-init script to enable me do USB Booting. But it should not affect anything, if you dont do USB boot, except for a few more seconds boot time. I will add the details on how to do USB booting and publish the USB kernel modifications in another section.
For reference the custom preinit is here: /etc/preinit
4. For additional reference, the contents of the root file system : root-brcm4716.tar.gz
Suggestions are welcome, and I will try to learn from your suggestions. But please note that I dont have much time to spend on keeping the trx upto date with openwrt releases, or to add/delete packages or modules.